Happy Monday, all!
Like most, the New Year means eating healthier, starting to workout again, and trying to be the best version of yourself that you can. Along with that, some may think they need to stop eating sweet treats altogether. Well, I’m here to tell you that there are way better options! This recipe is one of many that tastes great but also makes you feel great when you finish eating. Try it out for yourself and see! Feel free to leave comments/questions below.
- 2 ½ cups granola (I use oatmeal, coconut, and flax seed)
- 1 cup peanuts-chopped (optional)
- 3 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 Tablespoons honey (or more if needed)
- 1 cup peanut butter-melted
- 12 oz. dark chocolate-finally chopped
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- In a large bowl, combine granola, chopped peanuts, peanut butter and honey. If the mixture is too dry, add more honey to get sticky consistency of the mixture.
- Grease cupcake pan and divide the mixture in 12 cups. Press the mixture well to hold together and make a dent in the center of each cup. Freeze for 5-10 minutes, until the cups are firm.
- Next, melt the peanut butter and pour into the center of each granola cup. Now, freeze for another 5-10 minutes, until firm.
- Finally, melt dark chocolate and coconut oil and spoon melted chocolate on top of peanut butter. Chill until chocolate has set.
**Note: Store in the fridge in air-tight container or freeze for longer storage.