Today I had the privilege of making some treats for the Licking County Board of Realtors monthly meeting! Along with the Cranberry Orange bread, I provided some tasty double chocolate chip peppermint muffins (recipe to come tomorrow). This was my first time trying a cranberry orange bread and I LOVED it! This recipe is relatively simple and so delicious. The orange peel and orange juice definitely help that orange flavor burst and the tart cranberry holds its own as well. This recipe is one to try for an upcoming office party or just a sweet gesture as a gift for a co-worker! Try it out and let me know your thoughts!
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup pure cane sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup orange juice (fresh squeezed)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons olive or grapeseed oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen, unthawed)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and lightly grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Add parchment paper to the bottom to allow for easy removal.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in in orange juice, orange zest, oil and egg and mix until just combined.
- Prepare cranberries (I put mine in a food processor so they would be chopped up in nice, small pieces and would spread throughout my bread. If you prefer large cranberries, by ALL means!)
- Mix your cranberries in about a teaspoon of flour (this will keep them from sinking to the bottom). Stir in chopped up cranberries. Spread evenly in loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely before slicing.