So believe it or not, this was my first time making homemade brownies! I’ve never received an order for them so I’ve never had any reason to try them, mainly because when I make brownies, I make them to eat the dough. These were surprisingly easy and soooo delicious. I’m not usually a big brownie person but I definitely had more than one of these. They only take about 10-15 minutes to throw together and then another 10 minutes or so to cook so these are perfect if you’re in need of a quick and easy treat! Try them out for yourself and let me know your thoughts! If you’re in need of essential oils to make these, check out youngliving.com today or feel free to message me for information!
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 drops peppermint essential oil (I use YoungLiving but this ingredient is optional)
- Set your eggs in a cup of warm (not hot) water to help them come up to room temperature. This will allow them to easily mix into the batter without solidifying the coconut oil.
- Heat oven to 325ºF.
- Prepare your mini muffin pan by spraying with cooking spray or use a silicone non-stick pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, coconut oil, cocoa powder, sugar, and vanilla. Stir well to thoroughly combine.
- Remove eggs from the water and break into the bowl. Stir in eggs and beat about 30 seconds to get them well integrated.
- Stir in flour and mix just until combined. Add peppermint essential oil and stir.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared baking cups. Be sure if you’re using silicone that you place a baking sheet underneath it to keep it steady when you’re moving it in and out of the oven.
- Bake at 325º degrees for 8 – 12 minutes or until toothpick test shows a few moist crumbs. Do not over-bake.
- Remove from pans and let cool.