I made this last night along with the chocolate chip banana bread from yesterday’s post and it was DELICIOUS! These breads are both for the Licking County Board of Realtors® meeting tomorrow but I actually ended up making an extra loaf of the blueberry bread for my husband and I because it was so good! This is definitely going to be a new go-to recipe for me!
- 1 cup pure cane sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Cups Blueberries, Fresh or Frozen (save a small handful for topping)
- 1 tbsp flour (for coating the blueberries)
- Preheat the oven to 350º degrees.
- Grease a 9 inch loaf pan.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and milk beating well (it may look a little lumpy but once you get your dry ingredients in there, the consistency should look normal).
- Add the dry ingredients and beat until well combined.
- Coat your blueberries in the flour to help them from sinking to the bottom of your loaf.
- Add blueberries and mix in gently with a spatula being careful not to crush the berries.
- Pour the batter into your loaf pan and add a few extra berries to the top so it will come out looking attractive!
- Bake for 50-65 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for at least 30 minutes before removing to finish cooling.