A Moss household favorite! My husband LOVES this banana bread recipe, especially when I add chocolate chips to it. This week, I have the privilege of making it for the Licking County Board of Realtors’ meeting and I hope they love it as much as my he does!
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⅛ cup pure cane sugar
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk or milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 bananas mashed very well
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325º degrees.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt to a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix egg, sugar and oil and stir until well combined
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir well. The mixture will be thick and dry.
- Next add milk, vanilla and bananas and stir until incorporated.
- Mix in chocolate chips and/or walnuts and pour into a loaf pan.
- Cook 50-75 minutes, checking regularly until a toothpick/knife comes out clean.