This week has definitely been a chocolate week for sure so I’m thinking there’s no better way to end it than with a classic! Chocolate Chip Cookies! This is just one of the many recipes I know are out there so feel free to share yours below!
- 2-1/4 cups unbleached wheat flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pure cane sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg + 1 yolk, room temperature
- 2-3 cups mini or regular semisweet chocolate chips (I prefer the minis)
- Preheat oven to 375º degrees. Line cookie sheets with silicone baking mats (or parchment paper); set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended (1-2 minutes). Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted dry ingredients in three batches until just blended. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll 2 tablespoons of dough into a ball that is slightly taller than wide and place on a plate or tray (you can also use a cookie scoop). Cover tightly and chill for at least 2 hours, but overnight for best results (I’ve refrigerated for up to a week).
- Place cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until edges are barely golden. Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
***Do you currently reside in the Central Ohio area and want to learn more about YL Essential Oils and sample some goodies made by Treats by Taran? Contact me at email@example.com for more information about our upcoming events!