This Salted Dark Chocolate Tart is incredibly quick and easy to prep, made with healthier gluten-free ingredients, and tastes ultra-decadent and delicious. Feel free to customize the filling with your favorite add-ins! Some may include: (1) a few tablespoons of bourbon, (2) a pinch of cinnamon and cayenne, (3) the zest of an orange, or whatever else you like in your chocolate. This is also the perfect recipe to incorporate some essential oils into as well! Check out youngliving.com for more information!
- 2 cups almond meal/almond flour/coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup/honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Chocolate Filling Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups coconut or almond milk
- 1 pound (16 ounces) dark chocolate, roughly-chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan Sea salt
- Topping: Himalayan sea salt
- To Make The Crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Stir together crust ingredients in a bowl until evenly combined. Press the crust mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9-inch tart pan (or pie dish). Bake for 12 minutes, or until it begins to feel dry and firm. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To Make The Chocolate Filling: Meanwhile, as the crust is baking, heat the milk on the stovetop or in the microwave until simmering. Place the dark chocolate in a bowl and pour the coconut milk evenly over the top of it. Wait 30 seconds, then slowly stir together until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Stir in the vanilla extract and salt until combined.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the baked crust, and smooth the top with a spoon until it is even. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
- Serve chilled, sprinkled with flaky sea salt.
***Do you currently reside in the Central Ohio area and want to learn more about YL Essential Oils and sample some goodies made by Treats by Taran? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about our upcoming events!