Below is my delicious strawberry muffin recipe! I recently made these for a Board Meeting and the members loved them! They are great to make at the beginning of the week and have for breakfast each morning. It’s the perfect grab-and-go snack the whole family will enjoy!
Feel free to leave questions/comments below!
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup pure cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1½ – 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup pure cane sugar
- ¼ cup cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 16 standard-size muffin cups with paper baking liners.
- In bowl of stand mixer with paddle attachment or by hand, beat butter and sugar for 1 minute until it’s smooth and light. Add egg and vanilla; beat until just combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt to combine. Alternately add flour mixture and milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, stirring after each addition until just combined.
- Take your chopped strawberries and add a handful of flour to just barely coat them (this will help your strawberries to stay evenly dispersed in your muffin rather than sink to the bottom). Gently fold the strawberries into your batter.
- Divide batter evenly among muffins cups, filling about 2/3 the way full.
- To make the topping, in small bowl, stir flour and sugars to combine. Use pastry blender or fingers to cut butter into mixture until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle evenly in muffin cups.
- Bake muffins 18 to 20 minutes until golden.
**Remember to store these in your refrigerator**